Having faith and repenting of their sins are two principles of the gospel for mormons.
Once people do those two things in the context of Mormonism, they are ready to make covenants with God and that’s something they do through the ordinance of baptism.
Before people get baptized in the Mormon Church, they have to be interviewed to see if they truly have faith and repented.
The purpose of the interview is also to try to determine if the person will be willing to follow mormon rules.
Table of Contents
Who Interviews People Before Baptism?
Mormon missionaries teach people about the restoration of the Gospel through Joseph Smith.
People read what mormons tell them to read, they also pray and go to church and then they are invited to be baptized.
Once they make the decision to be baptized, the mormon missionaries notify their leaders. who are also missionaries that a person needs to be interviewed.
Those leaderS visit the candidate for baptism and make a list of questions to make the person is worthy of the ordinance of baptism.
Baptism Interview Questions
These are the questions made by mormon missionaries before they approve your baptism.
- Do you believe that God is our Eternal Father? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of the world?
- Do you believe the Church and gospel of Jesus Christ have been restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith? Do you believe that [current Church President] is a prophet of God? What does this mean to you?
- What does it mean to you to repent? Do you feel that you have repented of your past transgressions?
- Have you ever committed a serious crime? If so, are you now on probation or parole? Have you ever participated in an abortion? a homosexual relationship?
- You have been taught that membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints includes living gospel standards. What do you understand of the following standards? Are you willing to obey them?
- The law of chastity, which prohibits any sexual relationship outside the bonds of a legal marriage between a man and a woman?
- The law of tithing.
- The Word of Wisdom.
- The Sabbath day, including partaking of the sacrament weekly and rendering service to fellow members.
- When you are baptized, you covenant with God that you are willing to take upon yourself the name of Christ and keep His commandments throughout your life. Are you ready to make this covenant and strive to be faithful to it?
Thoughts about Mormonism and Baptism
These are some thoughts about Mormonism and baptism
- Mormon missionaries have a goals about the numbers of people they baptize so some of them might feel pressured to get the approval or approve people to be baptize.
- There have been cases in which Mormon missionaries baptize children who easily stop going to church since they don’t know what they are doing.
- Lots of people who are baptized in the Mormon church stop going to church.
These are some articles about Mormonism that you might be interested in